A number of actors are involved in ensuring the successful implementation of NRP 78.
The Steering Committee is responsible for scientific monitoring of the research projects and for implementation.
Responsibility for operational management lies with the president of the Steering Committee and the programme manager. The Head of knowledge and technology transfer communicates the research results to the stakeholder groups. The representative of the federal government works with the Steering Committee and forwards the results within the administration.
The National Research Council of the SNSF is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
The Steering Committee
- Marcel Salathé, EPF Lausanne (chair)
- Innosuisse Innovation Councillor: Bettina Ernst, Preclin Biosystems AG
- Clinical research: Giacomo Grasselli, University of Milan (Italy)
- Innosuisse Innovation Councillor: Emmanuela Keller, University of Zurich
- Immunology/virology: Olivier Terrier, International Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, Lyon (France)
- Drug and vaccine development/diagnostics: Barbara Rath, Vienna Vaccine Safety Initiative (A) & Université Bourgogne Franche Comté (France)
- Epidemiology/public health: Annelies Wilder-Smith, University of Heidelberg (Germany) and member of the Steering Committee of NRP 80 “Covid-19 in Society”
Delegate of the National Research Council
- Nicolas Rodondi, Bern University
Head of Knowledge Transfer
- Mark Bächer, Life Science Communication AG
Representative of the Federal Administration
- Mirjam Mäusezahl, Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
- Martin Christen, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- Yvonne Rosteck, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)